Sunday, May 03, 2009

Monkey Update

I was hoping to give you a couple of real time updates on the Monkey's progress, as she pulled herself from her sick bed to run the half-marathon, but uploading that peep video took longer than I anticipated. I made appearances at spots to rally her as she ran. She looked fresh at the three mile marker (where the neighborhood Parrot Heads were handing out margaritas, blasting Buffett music, and telling the runners, "Keep your fins up!"). She weathered the 20th Street hill, as I clicked a few pics (to be seen later) near the nine mile checkpoint (where more contemporary radio rock was blasting from a tent, and the two Port-a-potties were in high demand). And, she came in under 2:45 (I think), at the finish, just outside the august Memorial Stadium.

So, HOORAY for Monkey. I am so proud of her. She is a Superstar!

1 comment:

AMVB said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Monkey! You are a running superstar indeed!

prebular

Anon AMVB