Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lazy Day

Wow, today has been a blur of nothingness. I haven't done a damn thing but move some dirt around and read. It feels good.

This week was tough. Coming back from the break was hard enough, but we had some incidents with unruly and troublesome kids that made things even more difficult. Did have a nice dinner with some friends on Wednesday, and we had an election for mayor and city council and such on Tuesday. As you might expect, Boring Election abstained, deeming the offices, races, and issues "boring."

Other than that, the hair is growing in slowly, and Monkey and I have been apart since last Saturday. That is what makes things really hard. We've spent a lot of time apart in the past, but it never gets easier. Part of me (honestly, most of me) is waiting very impatiently for the school year to be over. I want the house to be settled, the painting done. I want the move to be underway. I want to live with my wife, again. Full time.

I think I'll have Chinese for dinner. I don't care if it's loaded with salt and fat. As a matter of fact, that's why I want it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about impatient. Waiting while in the midst of all the transition - and especially being apart from Monkey - must be very hard.

I too had a lazy Saturday. The night/morning before I couldn't get to sleep until 5:30 AM !!! due to pregnancy-related discomfort and wetness-evil-related discomfort. It was frustrating, and I only slept for three hours. Yesterday I drove up and back to DE to see my fam for Easter. Part of me is wondering why I did this. Today I am still very tired and somewhat sick, so I am very cranky here at work.

Wah.

Misery loves company, at least?

Anon AMVB