Sunday, April 22, 2007

In Which Our Boy Makes Some Tough Choices (and Some Pie)

Monkey's birthday is Monday. We had dinner last night to celebrate, since she will be in Lincoln on Monday, and I will be traveling there on Monday night to settle on the house on Tuesday. On Friday, after a short one or two with Capt. Morgan and Coach B, I came home and made a pie for Monkey. Her choice of desserty-thing on her birthday is always pie...always apple. So, on Friday I made a pie. But that's not all I made.

I had to decide which of the positions I had been offered I would take. I chose a newer school which operates on a block schedule. It will be a new experience (beyond the fact that it is a new school for me). The block schedule entails teaching each class in a 90 minute period, instead of a 50 minute period. This will take some getting used to. But, I really felt a good vibe from the department chair and the principal that I interviewed with, and I had to go with my gut. I don't think any of the possible schools would have been a bad choice, but this one just seemed like the best one for me. So, I have a job and a house...let's move, already!

In other, related news, I found my pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Monkey!!! Enjoy the delicious pie!

Congratulations on your new job! That is awesome! What is the school and mascot?

The weather is gorgeous here this weekend - glorious to be outside! I hope you and Monkey are having a great birthday celebration weekend. Best wishes with closing on the house!

rlgaddr

Anon AMVB