Monday, March 31, 2008

Setting Sail On the Normal Sea

It was back to work today, as we started off the final term of the year with a grumpy bang. I have the distinct pleasure to teach three blocks in a row all in different rooms. Fortunately for me, they are all in the same hall, and all in a row (but I don't visit them in a row--205, 207, 206).

It's strange having your planning period at the end of the day. I don't know if I like it, yet. In the long run, it really doesn't matter, you have the same amount of time to do some planning/grading/assorted administrative bullshit, but, it is a new time of the day for me. I don't miss having a fourth block class of sophomores, however!

Monkey is doing well, by the way, except that her tongue feels funny. Tonight is the last night we have to sleep separately, so, that's good. She has more scans tomorrow to check the progress (or egress) of her cancer-y cells. Let's hope they can't see anything.

Finally, thank you all for your kind words and gifts and overall support during Monkey's radioactive episode. It has meant a great deal to both of us, and, I am sure it has really helped keep Monkey's spirits up during her days of quarantine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. Probably even three feet of it.

Here's to scans that show nothing but health, and an end to the radioactivity!

Hugs!!!

AMVB said...

You own your grumpy, my brotha! I'm owning my cranky at this extremely demanding time of the year. It's been one of those nonstop weeks, and to top it off it seems that everyone seems to want a piece of me. Grrr. Sometimes that's how I want to respond: "Grrr."

I hope you quickly adjust to the rhythm and demands of the new term. Soonishly you will have finished your first year!

Always sending love to you and Monkey! Enjoy your reinstated Quality Time together. And yes, we're pulling for good health!

Anon AMVB
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr