Saturday, June 03, 2006

Going Down East

You might as well give up
I'm gonna make my move
We can honeymoon in Paris
hangout at the Louvre
We can winter in the city, summer up in Maine
And all of this will happen
just as soon as I learn your name
--Bill Morrissey, "Morrissey Falls in Love at First Sight"

The traveling monkey train rolls east tomorrow: a drive to St. Louis, a flight to Manchester, NH, and then a drive to Bar Harbor, ME. I will be incommunicado until Monday next, and shall duly report ASAP after that.

Monkey and I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time, now. We honeymooned there (not Paris) in '98. First, however, we have to get through my school's graduation (mandatory "attendance" (we work security, believe it or not) for all teachers) and a wedding today.

Ripken Ozark will be happily spending more time with Aunt James and Uncle Joe and Ms. London Belle. They had a great time last weekend, and Monkey and I are fortunate that they are such good friends and dog-lovers that they would watch our dog so frequently. Thanks Aunt James and Uncle Joe!

Until you hear from me again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Teachers = security at gradumication?! Damn. Are you supposed to pat everyone down?

Now I will read about your trip to Maine!

Anon AMVB