Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice Planet Hoth North?

It's a snow day here in Cornopolis. A good deal of rain fell overnight, freezing upon landing. Every tree and bush, every car and trash can, every lamppost and street sign, is coated in about 5/8" of ice. It looks awfully pretty, but, I am glad I don't have to drive in it.

It appears that my CoMo companions are halfway to fulfilling Aunt James' prediction. Good for them. I am right certain that tomorrow will be biz as usual around here, but we'll see.

After last year's winter weather, which saw a long stretch of super cold, and frozen ground for weeks, I wonder if we might have to add yet another informal nom de guerre to this area that we Monkeys call home. Only time and temperature will tell.

I hope everyone out there is safe and warm. I know some of you had to go to work today. I am sorry about that. I truly am.

1 comment:

AMVB said...

= damp, overcast, 46 degrees here in the nation's capital.

Selfishly, I have to admit that I'm grateful for your snow day because I'd secretly hoped it might allow you an opportunity for a post. Any day I get to read a new creation on CentStand is a good day!

Enjoy your day at home! Stay warm and safe.

coxiu

Anon AMVB