Thursday, December 07, 2006

Boys and Girls in America...

Tuesday was a day of highs and lows. The lowest low came as I stood in the cafeteria and opened my wallet in preparation for my weekly chicken nugget feast. In the wallet was nothing. Not a dollar. I had given my cash to Aunt James fot tickets to that night's The Hold Steady show. So, no nuggets for me.

I had some bar-like nutrition stashed in my desk, so I had something to eat. While I chewed my concentrated protein bar, I thought, "This show tonight better be excellent."

And it was. I know The Hold Steady are a band that dichotomizes music fans. You either love them or you hate them. Monkey and I saw them the last time they were through town, and they were great. Tuesday night was no different. The opening bands, Catfish Haven and something I forgot (which is not the name of the band--I really can't remember), from Chicago were okay. Monkey would probably give them a less than okay nod, just so you know. But The Hold Steady rocked. If you get a chance, check them out.

Yesterday saw the author showing his age. I was beat. I don't think I made it to 8:30 last night. I was out on the couch in a heartbeat. Pathetic, really.

Early release today, and maybe Bottle Rockets on Friday. The first full week since before Thanksgiving has been, so far, a'ight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a suspenseful blog! I was like, "Reda didn't have any cash?! [Gasp!] How will he eat? How will he deal without the nuggs?" And then I was all like, "Will the show be *that* good to warrant the lack of nuggs?"

You must have been tired after all the suspense, ATR!

Why does this The Hold Steady polarize? Apparently they came to the Black Cat (good venue) here in the Deece a recent weekend when P and I were in Illiphith so weda missed them anyways. I gots ta checkem out nexttime all the time.

OK, unfortunately I actually have to go work. Can you believe that? I'm, like, so totally grossed out by that. Eck.

Bye bye ATR. iiyoki

Anon AMVB, she wears the most comfortable work outfit ever! Yay!