Thursday, November 09, 2006

Through-Lines, Party Lines


Obviously, the through-line for November is the novel. Writing, writing, writing. I am slowly closing in on being on schedule. Currently only 5000 words behind. With luck, the weekend will afford me time to catch up.

Today was a pretty uneventful day. My health seems to be improving. That's good. Slowly, all the other teachers are falling prey to the flu. They're taking days off! Bunch of wusses!

This weekend, Monkey and I have no big plans. No football games, no travelling. I envision grading and resting and emerging on Monday the picture of health. Saturday night, Monkey and I have decide to have sushi and see a movie, but we have no idea what to see. Any suggestions?

By the way, I would be remiss if I did not mention the recent midterm elections. This is indeed the first election since I was in my mid-twenties where I really felt like my team came out on top. I guess Clinton's two terms were a positive, but not something I could really feel good about. This feels good. After so much of the Republican partisanshipfulness, there over-simplification of everything, their arrogant disregard for the rule of law, and their demagoguery, I hope that the Dems can help make things more like what governing in America should be, a consideration of what is best for everyone and a discussion of what is and is not permitted under the Constitution. Of course, the danger of the new guys turning into slightly different versions of the old guys is present, but I am hoping this will not occur.

Anyway, after two days, things seeem different--in a better way...the real test comes after 1/20/07!

God Bless Everybody. No Exceptions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas, I am completely out of movie touch so have no recommendations. This saddens me.

Bring on 1/20/07!

Today P and I had massages. It was delightful and necessary. The weather is beautiful here, and we had fun walking around.

Amy sez relax, feel better!

Anon AMVB