Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dog Sitting, Falling Back, and Winning the World Series

What a weekend, folks! Friday was an exciting treat as the Cardinals beat the Tigers 4-2 to win the 2006 World Series. This was a spectucular occurence for several reasons. One, the Cardinals are my adopted home team, since Baltimore isn't my home anymore. Two, the Cardinals' woes at the end of the season (and, really, throughout the season) made them less than favorites to win any of the playoff rounds they were in, let alone the whole enchilada. Three, the clinching game occurred on exactly the same night that I usually find myself at happy hour in a den of Cardinal supporters, so it was extra sweet--way better than watching it at home, but not as good as being there in person.

In addition, Friday, the Powder Puff team had organized at little shindig at a local pizza joint. Coach B was unable to attend, but I stopped by. They bought a cake, which was nice, and the festivities broke up after not too long (mostly because, it seemed, many folks wanted to go watch the ball game). So, gratitude to the Gold Team. They were, and are, awesome.

Saturday, Monkey and I watched a debacle at Faurot, as the Tigers bumbled their way to a 26-10 loss to Oklahoma. A beautiful day to watch a football game, but the game was awful.

And last night, of course was the dog party, which went off without a hitch, really. We even snuck out for an hour to visit Osculator and Ms. T's Halloween party (sans costumes). Plus, this morning, we "fell back" and returned to Central Standard Time. It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you totally could have rocked the costume:

I'm crazy fall back clock head! Gimme some candy!

I'm crazy dog hair head! Gimme some candy!

I'm crazy whistle pig head! Gimme some candy!

I'm crazy baseball head! Gimme some candy!

I'm crazy Shakespeare's pizza head! Gimme some candy!

And of course...

I'm crazy CentStand blog head! Gimme some candy!

Try any and all of these when you give out candy tomorrow night. Report back on how that goes!

Anon AMVB, she crazy Belgian beer head.

Gimme some candy!