Sunday, September 03, 2006

Laborious Weekend

Another perk of the teaching profession: you work a week and a half and--BAM--a three day weekend! The first full week of school has gone well. I seem to have some really great kids, this year. I was suspecting, after the excellent crop of last year, that this year would be less stellar. It appears this is not the case...but, it's early.

Went to the MU football game yesterday. A rousing, though not very exciting, 47-7 win over Murray State (who?). In years past, such an underdog opponent would have either given the Tigers a game of it or beaten them outright, so an expected easy victory is actually encouraging. Monkey and I had a good time. The weather was pretty nice.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my relaxing three day weekend. I hope you do the same.

One last benefit to the three day weekend (when Monday is the off day): when you get back to school, it's Chicken Nugget Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having a good, non-laborious weekend. How's the finger?

Enjoy those chicken nuggets!

Anon AMVB