Thursday, October 15, 2009

O Captain, My Captain!

This is not the kind of news to start a day with, but I must make note of the passing of 80s wrestling icon (and video actor) "Captain" Lou Albano. Growing up, I don't think I ever saw Albano actually wrestle, he just barked into the mike and made wierd faces at the camera, but he was a huge personality in that world. In addition, he forever linked himself with 80s pop icon Cyndi Lauper, appearing in her video for "Girls Just Want to Have Fun."

Just add Lou to the list of pop culture icons heading to the big mansion in the sky, lately.

3 comments:

AMVB said...

Wow, with the year we're having we could lose David Hasselhoff any day now.

However, the growing celebrity mansion in the sky does inspire some costume choices for Halloween, eh?

Anon AMVB

Boring Election said...

I need a TR pie crust lessons. Can you drive down tomorrow? Today's effort seems to be a big fail.

ATR said...

I'll be right down...