Thursday, September 24, 2009

Three Fridays and Retro Frankfurters

On Wednesday, as you recall, I woke up thinking it was Friday.

This afternoon, as I left my classroom, I had a "V8" moment, realizing I forgot to hand out something to my students that they were going to need to do their reading OVER THE WEEKEND. Yup, I thought it was Friday, again.

Finally, tomorrow will be Friday, and this interminable week will be over. I'll probably spend all day thinking it's Monday.

On Saturday, Monkey and I are attending the Husker game against LA-Lafayette. We haven't been to a game since the first year we were here. That was a bad season to attend games--unless you enjoy watching Nebraska get embarrassed. But, Saturday should be kind of cool, since it is the 300th consecutive sell out at Memorial Stadium. That is a streak unmatched (as far as I can find) in current pro or college sports. I am certain that there will be a lot of fan fare, commemorating players and fans since 1962 (the season of the first of the 300 sold out games). The game shouldn't be too exciting (in the competitive sense). Too bad hot dogs won't be specially priced to reflect 1960s prices...that would be AWESOME!

1 comment:

AMVB said...

When I first saw the title of this post, I thought it read, "Retrofit Frankfurters". As if it's not an interesting enough title already. :)

Last month one of the restaurants around here (Lebanese Taverna) changed their menu prices to what they were in 1979. Now they're back to the 2009 prices, and I feel a little like my head is spinning about which decade we're in. Plus, back in 1979 I had no idea what falafel was so it's all quite disorienting!

Anon AMVB