Monday, September 07, 2009

Laboring on Labor Day

I have been so fired up about the stupid controversy over the president's speech tomorrow that I have not known what to say. I still don't. So, I am not saying anything, except %^$#@*&^!

I spent about four hours at school today, getting ready for the week ahead. A short week that starts with a short day should be easy enough, but, believe it or not, mid-term grades are due next week, so, no rest for the weary.

Otherwise, allow me to wish you a safe and relaxing (and labor-free) Labor Day.

3 comments:

AMVB said...

Well-put re: the speech. I completely agree with you.

How is it mid-terms already? Oy.

I hope your long weekend has been a good one, and enjoy the short week!

Anon AMVB

Boring Election said...

Maybe I need to go back to school to take remedial math because I can't figure out how it is that you're already turning in mid-term grades????

ATR said...

The maff is pretty simple. We're on a block schedule, with ten week terms (one semester = a year, for us). Granted, week one was only three days long, but this is the beginning of week four (YUP). Midterm grades are due on the Tuesday of week five.

No matter how you slice it, I hate maff.