Friday, September 14, 2007

Stuff To Do

This is going to be an awesome weekend, if you like music and college football. Monkey and I will be heading to Omaha to check out Okkervil River and Damien Jurado at The Waiting Room. That should be pretty awesome. (By the way Comoprozac--I was at that Arcade Fire show at Mojo's back in the day.)

Tomorrow night, Monkey and I will be attending the USC-Nebraska football game. College Game Day will be here in Lincoln to whip all the already insane fans into a lather, and, with a 7pm Central start time, the tailgaters should be just near violence/spewing/passing out stage. I look forward to a less-than-competitive football game, made entertaining by first half hi-jinx in the stands. (Oh, Comoprozac, did I mention I saw Arcade Fire at Mojo's?) This, with Notre Dame-Michigan vying for winless status, could be the finest college football weekend I have ever experienced. [Sarcasm meter calibration check: reading=HIGH.]

Sunday could only be used for such things as buying vacuum cleaners and coffee grinders, both of which gave up the ghost this week. It would be nice if I could get paid some time soon, but I guess I'll just have to wait until next month (which reminds me of the time I saw Arcade Fire at Mojo's that one time)....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how the OR show was...and so bummed I'm not there. (Mulling over Iowa City tomorrow as I just won't give up this ghost.)

And good luck at the Nebraska game. Sounds like a recipe for calamity.

Jami Wade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magz said...

Turning more than slightly green over here hearing about that show you went to....

what was it?

Oh yeah....

ARCADE FIRE!!!!

Would LOVE to see them but they are only doing a handful of shows over here and none of them commutable by a 6 1/2 months pregnant woman :(

We are, however, taking a trip down memory lane in Oct, and going to see the Police. Hopefully should be good.

ATR said...

BE--

OR was awesome, DJ wasn't bad. Iowa City = yes!

Magz--

Da Doo Doo Doo, Da Da Da Da, is all I want to say to you.

hydigi

Phil Overeem said...

Hey bastard you owe me an e-mail. Have you been to Homer's and said hi to Charlie Burton yet? I linked your blog on my blog--The Carl Winslow Show blog (Jon Hadusek and Grant Portell) has stimulated me to try to keep mine up to date. It's called Rock Therapy--been up since probably '03 or '04, but until lately I hadn't updated it. Anyhow, link me back if you wanna. Miss you. We played the "Marry 'em, fuck 'em, throw 'em off a bridge" game with an entire lunch crew Friday and drained Booches after work.